In 1962, this ancient vineyard, reduced to a few old and poorly tended vines, was completely restored with the greatest care by the present owner.
"Starting with the 2012 vintage, the previous name for the second wine, Clos Canon, was changed to Croix Canon.
Domaine de l’A is owned by Stéphane and Christine Derenoncourt. The estate was founded in 1999. Their first purchase was small — the original vineyard was only 2.5 hectares. In time, two additional purchases helped Stéphane and Christine bring the estate to its current 10-hectare size.
"This remains a wine that has virtually a grand cru Burgundian complexity and savoury character, and it is often a great value among the famous names of Bordeaux."
— Robert Parker
"The birth of Château Pibran dates back to the start of the 20th century. The estate was bought in 1941 by Paul Pibran Billa in 1941. Paul Pibran Billa renamed the estate, using his middle name of Pibran. While the property is young by Bordeaux standards, the modern era begins when the estate was sold to the AXA group.