The origins of wine settlements in this area dates back to the conquest of Gaule by Julius Caesar, followed by the Roman occupation on a soil fit for wine making in a mild climate.
Our estate has been family owned since its beginnings in 1854, when it was bought by Louis Carteyron and his son Jacques. For many years, the production was divided between fruit and wine.
This 22-hectare estate is situated just 2km north-east of the town of Blaye and has been in the same family since 1850. Pierre and Béatrice Ardoin are the current generation looking after the Château since 1990.
The vineyards of Sainte-Colombe can be traced back to Gallo-Roman times.